If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Denver Nuggets and the community we’ve built here at Denver Stiffs. As you may have seen, Adam Mares is moving on, and we’re looking for someone to lead Denver Stiffs into this season and beyond,
Denver Stiffs is hiring a site manager. Please keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
Denver Stiffs, the SB Nation blog covering the Denver Nuggets, is looking for a new manager. The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Nuggets storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
This is a part-time, remote, contract role compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Nuggets and news and is already familiar with Denver Stiffs.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re the best fit for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, and a basketball-related writing sample. You must submit all three items as specified via the Vox Media careers page to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, please contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Denver Stiffs and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Nuggets from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.