The Dig is a Denver Nuggets podcast by Nick Hertzog and Jeremy Poley that tries to put its fingers on the pulse of the most dominant Denver Nuggets narrative over every 2-week period.
The Dig first came to national media attention by being left on a table in the background of a scene in Game of Thrones .
THIS WEEK’S THEME
While the crucible of the first series against San Antonio taught us that Jokic is a legitimate franchise cornerstone, this second series is producing some visions in its fire as well. Does Murray’s close attainment to offensive consistency prove he’s the dynastic second piece to the puzzle? Does the bench need to be completely reconfigured? Is a coexistence between Barton and Morris impossible? And who has the time machine to go back and get regular-season-Plumlee?
This week’s theme is: Further through the Crucible
Follow our twitter nonsense at @TheDigDenver
0:38 - Opening Jib-Jabber
5:30 - THE THEME
FURTHER THROUGH THE CRUCIBLE. Digging into what this series against Portland has taught us about our Nuggets.
15:15ish - FILL IN THE BLANK
- _____ will be the reason the Nuggets win on Sunday.
- _____ will be the reason the Nuggets lose on Sunday.
- Win or lose on Sunday, this Nuggets’ season has been _____.
39:30ish - A NUGGETS HAIKU
40:00ish - BUY OR SELL
- The Nuggets being a “sassy” team.
Step-by-step through the Curry vs. Barton scrap
- 26 minutes or more for Will Barton in Game 7.
- Monte Morris having 2 minutes in Game 6.
Is Morris’ trouble stemming from Barton’s playmaking?
- The extra day of rest being better for the Nuggets.
- The Pepsi Center feeling like a proper homecourt on Sunday.
1:07:00ish - OUTRO
Bailey’s Irish Cream vs. Coole Swan