This week’s Pickaxe Pundits show (airs every Satuday at 4PM on Nothin But Net Radio) continues our Denver Nuggets player preview series for the 2018-2019 NBA Season. The topics this week are Jamal Murray, Will Barton and Isaiah Thomas. We discuss whether or not Murray can take the reigns as the leading scorer of the team and what his biggest area needing improvement is. Then, we move on to Barton and how his new role as a starter will affect his game and how he can overcome his size disadvantage at small forward. Finally, we wrap up the show talking about IT, what his realistic production should be and whether or not this is just a one year rental.
- Do you think he will lead the team in scoring?
- What’s the biggest thing he needs to improve on this season?
- Will he be a MIP candidate?
- How will being a starter change his game?
- How big of a concern is his size as a starting SF?
- Should he lead the team in minutes?
- How many minutes should he get?
- What is a reasonable stat line to expect from him?
- What are the chances he ends up spending more than one season in Denver?