This week’s Pickaxe Pundits show is wrapping up another week of streaking for the Denver Nuggets. Zach Mikash and Daniel Lewis break down Denver’s win against the New Orleans Pelicans and whether or not the fans should be encouraged to see Denver grinding out wins even when perhaps they shouldn’t be as close as they have been. Next Mike Olson joins the show to talk about the Nuggets going 2-0 on their quick road trip before returning home to knock off the Utah Jazz. Mike and Zach talk about whether or not the Nuggets should be considered the front runners in the Northwest Division before looking forward to the upcoming week. They debate whether the Boston Celtics or Milwaukee Bucks are a more difficult Eastern Conference matchup and also they take stock on the Memphis Grizzlies and whether their strong start is an indication that they are truly back to being a playoff contender.
Win over the Pelicans - Daniel Lewis (2:10)
- Is winning an ugly game like this encouraging or discouraging?
- How concerning is the ball pressure teams are now applying to Jamal Murray?
Winning streak & upcoming week - Mike Olson (22:24)
- What was the most impressive part about the two game road trip?
- Should Denver be considered the front runner to win the NW Division
- Eastern Conference opponent that worries you more: Boston Celtics or Milwaukee Bucks
- Are you buying the Grizzlies are back?