This week’s Pickaxe Pundits shows is by far the gloomiest so far this season as the Denver Nuggets faced a combination of off-court distractions with on-court collapses. Zach Mikash and Gordon Gross break down the Nuggets win against the Boston Celtics which was highlighted by Jamal Murray’s 48 points and last second shot controversy. Next they discuss Nikola Jokic’s $25k fine and the odd reaction by the organization to it. Then the guys turn their attention to the on the court troubles as they discuss how Denver blew golden opportunities against both the Milwaukee Bucks and Brooklyn Nets. For the last part of the show they discuss the upcoming week, including starting off the week against the Houston Rockets before closing against the rebounding New Orleans Pelicans.
Starting the week with off the court distractions
- Do you think Jamal Murray should have shot the ball at the end of the Celtics game?
- Thoughts on Jokic being fined and the fallout
Making a loss into a losing streak
- What went wrong Brooklyn and what was up with the refs?
- How do you explain the late game collapse against the Milwaukee Bucks?
- Do the Nuggets absolutely have to get to .500 on this home stand
- Nuggets and Pelicans both have struggled lately, which one is more likely to continue to struggle?