In this episode, I share my notes on the Denver Nuggets’ preseason win over LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers. Game recap episodes are among my favorite episodes because it means I get to talk about actual X’s and O’s basketball. I give a sort of performance report for all of the main players and talk about some of the interesting details from the game.
- Jamal Murray looked like the deadliest scorer on the court at times, tonight.
- Nikola Jokic looked about as aggressive as we’ve ever seen, and as sloppy.
- Monte Morris had the second unit running like a well-oiled machine, and kept the ball moving with quick decision making.
- Trey Lyles played the role of scorer and facilitator off of the bench, at times acting as the team’s first option.
- Mason Plumlee nearly messed around and got a triple-double.
- And Juancho Hernangomez made what felt like his triumphant return to the team, knocking down five three-pointers.