This week’s Pickaxe Pundits show (airs every Saturday at 4PM on Nothin But Net Radio) had plenty to discuss. First up Zach Mikash and Gordon Gross react to everything Denver Nuggets media day including what we learned about Isaiah Thomas and Michael Porter Jr’s injury status and how no one on the team is dodging the expectation to make the playoffs. Next we dive into training camp and the early battles discussing whether Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez or Torrey Craig will have the last spot in the rotation and hwo confident we are with Monte Morris going into the season as the backup point guard. Finally to close out the show we preview the Nuggets matchup against LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers and what we’ll be watching for.
Media Day reaction
- what was the biggest story line from media day?
- Thoughts on the statements about JV, MPJ and IT and their recovery?
- Expectation is clearly the playoffs, happy the Nuggets didn’t avoid that answer?
Early rotation quirks/ camp battles
- Can Trey Lyles play the three?
- Will Malik Beasley or Juancho Hernangomez beat out Torrey Craig for the last rotation spot?
- Do you feel good about Monte Morris starting the season as the backup PG?
First preseason game vs Lakers
- How long do you think LeBron will play?
- which Nugget are you most excited to watch?
- does winning matter at all?