With the 49th pick in the second round, the Nuggets have selected Vlatko Cancar, and the forward position gets even more crowded in Denver.
Welcome to the team, Vlatko Cancar! pic.twitter.com/E9chp8t7By— Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) June 23, 2017
Here are five things to know about the new recruit:
1. Cancar is originally from Koper, Slovenia and his native language is Slovenian.
2. He currently plays for Mega Leks which is an agent-owned team based in Serbia.
3. Cancar has played professionally in Europe since 2015 signing a five year contract with Union Olympija before moving to sign with Mega Leks.
4. Cancar is one of only 10 international underclassmen in the draft this year.
5. His uniform number is 31. This is the fifth-most interesting fact we currently know about Cancar.
It’s likely that the Nuggets will let Cancar continue to play professionally in Europe for a year or two to see how he develops. For now he’s a draft and stash player, but it will be fun to keep an eye on his progress.