For nearly a decade, DenverStiffs.com has been the place for the best and most complete Denver Nuggets coverage on the web. More than just a blog, we take pride in the fact that our site is a place for fans to meet, hang out, and discuss their favorite team.
As we continue to expand our coverage of the Nuggets, we will be looking to add a few new writers and contributors as well as a social media coordinator. While I will have input on the process, SB Nation handles all new inquiries so be sure to apply using the links below. These positions are unpaid and should be thought of as a passion project. Our staff loves covering the Denver Nuggets and the opportunities that arise from being a part of Denver Stiffs.
We are looking for:
We are looking for experienced writers to join our staff. New writers will help contribute game previews and recaps, breaking news stories, and weekly features like Stiff’s roundtables, mailbag, etc.
- Must have previous writing experience with a blog or publication
- Must have a strong passion for covering the Denver Nuggets and the NBA
- Flexible schedule and ability to promptly report on breaking news stories a huge plus
- Experience with video, photo, and/or audio editing a huge plus
- A strong desire to work as part of a team
Social media coordinator
We are looking for a fun, creative and talented person to manage our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts and produce unique content for each platform. As we continue to expand our coverage of the Denver Nuggets, we are looking for a talented individual who has shown an interest and familiarity with growing social media platforms. This person will be expected to:
- Respectfully represent Denver Stiffs across all social media platforms
- Create a strong and unique voice for each platform
- Create unique, daily/weekly content (i.e. photo captions, videos, Instagram stories, infographics, and other visual content)
- Interact with fans on social media when applicable
- Grow the follower count and reach of all of our social media accounts
- Strong passion for the Denver Nuggets.
- Strong familiarity with Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Experience with Twitter and Facebook analytics a huge plus. Experience with Facebook Live, Periscope, and Instagram Live a huge plus.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or any audio/video editing software a huge plus.
- Ability to check in on social media accounts throughout the day.
- Must enjoy the challenge of creating unique content as well as developing a social media voice from the ground up.
- Must enjoy working as part of a team.
The comment section is one of the most unique parts of Denver Stiffs. We love the community that this site helps foster and want to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to interact with fellow Nuggets fans in a peaceful and enjoyable way. We are looking for a handful of individuals to help moderate the comments, flag or remove offensive comments or comments that violate the site’s rules, and post game threads.
- Must be available to check in on the comment section throughout the day.
- Familiarity or experience posting in the comments section a huge plus.
Apply by emailing DenverStiffs@gmail.com