Well, who are you? I really wanna know
Tell me, who the $%@& are you? 'Cause I really wanna know
Who the hell are these Denver Nuggets? Are these the Nuggets who...
- Dropped a 20-3 run on the streaking fourth-in-the-West L.A. Clippers last night en route to a narrow victory in Los Angeles
- Gave up 78 points to DeMarcus Cousins in two tough losses to the Sacramento Kings in three games
- Handed the Golden State Warriors one of their scant five losses this season, narrowly missing a second helping in an overtime loss a week earlier in Oakland
- Had their worst home loss of the season three nights ago against the Boston Celtics
- Are the subjects of many up-and-comer conversations due to their bevy of young talent and deep pool of upcoming draft picks
- Have the faithful of Nuggets Nation pulling their hair out seeing a third season of sub .500, out-of-the-playoffs ball
- Have a player in the top 25 for PER. A rookie, by the way, in Nikola Jokic.
- Have a truly promising player who is still unfortunately in the top 10 in the league for turnovers per game. A rookie, by the way, in Emmanuel Mudiay.
- Have a very solid Sixth Man of the Year candidate in Will Barton
- Have rarely had the big lead this season, as Seth Partnow so kindly points out
- Have a young and dynamic coach in Michael Malone, who seems to have a rare combination with his players in the ability to have their respect and dedication, even when tough conversations need to be had
- Have a young and dynamic coach who is still learning along with the players
- Seem to have everyone on the same page in what they're saying
- Don't always seem to have everyone on the same page in what they're doing... just yet. Play defense. Or don't. Or a clicking, multi-prong in-motion offense. For a second.
You get the point. The answer to all of the dichotomy above is a resounding yes. When things are clicking, it's kinda purty. When they're not, the only thing clicking is my teeth.
Just when you thought they were finding their way into a momentum-building last third of the season, your Denver Nuggets fell and scraped their knee coming out of the All-Star break. Thankfully, they brought a little bit of home my way with a hard-fought win in L.A. last night... which still had its fair share of head-scratching moments. Still, a satisfying change of fortune against a very good team, right when the Nuggets needed it badly.
I'm ready, Denver Nuggets. You've been teasing me with promise all season, and I know you've had a lot of moving parts. But since all of the bullets above are true, just one question...
Who the $%@& are you? ‘Cause I really wanna know.
(selfish side note: a very HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY to my lovely daughter Tamsen. Ever since she fell for Nuggets mascot Rocky, I've been worried. Have a spectacular day, kiddo. I love you.)