Danilo Gallinari answered some quesitons on Media Day. Here are the highlights.
- on Nuggets mentality: "if you are a part of a franchise that went to the playoffs 10 years in a row, you don't think about losing to get the lottery pick"
- glad organization got to keep the same group of guys
- on expectations: "right now, after the two years that we had a losing record, it's not easy to say what we're going to do."
- on whether or not there needs to be a new culture: "we need to win"
- on guarding different positions: "never had a problem, problems won't start now"
- on going to the free-throw line: "[going to continue] searching for the free-throw line"
- on going through normal offseason not having to worry about rehab: "it was great, I'm ready to go right now"
- on new contract helping confidence "never had problems in confidence, just glad to stay in Denver, that was my goal. My history of contracts has never been about money. I love Denver, I want to stay here as long as I can, I want to finish my career here."
- on coach Michael Malone visiting him in Italy: "we had a great time, spent a lot of time together, he put on some weight those few days"