After the Nuggets win over the Raptors I was excited to hear Nate Robinson's post-game interview. He had just scored a game-high of 23 points (Rudy Gay also had 23 points) and had yet to hear Scott Hastings' 'I'll buy you dinner on the plane ...' routine.
As I was listening to the interview and checking Twitter I got this tweet:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Nate_Timmons">@Nate_Timmons</a> did you see that Shaw-DeRozan confrontation after the game? I wonder what that was about.</p>— My Name (@dgdfgdgfhfghfhf) <a href="https://twitter.com/dgdfgdgfhfghfhf/statuses/407245191888633856">December 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I had to go back and rewind my DVR to see what "My Name" was tweeting me about. Let's break it down.
1) At the start of the video DeMar DeRozan begins walking towards the Nuggets bench, even though the exit to the locker rooms is the other way.
2) With about six seconds on the clock, you can see Gay recognize that something near the Nuggets bench is going down. He begins walking towards the Denver bench to, I assume, get his teammate.
3) Wilson Chandler doesn't seem to think too big of a deal of things as he is seen walking from the Nuggets bench to head towards the locker room. He even offers fives to Gay and Timofey Mozgov, but Gay was unaware of his hand ... as he was focused on DeRozan.
4) Just before the camera cuts away to a zoomed in view of Nuggets coach Brian Shaw, you can see Shaw walking with Gay and Randy Foye following behind them. Not sure what Foye's role was there as you don't see him again.
5) At first glance it looks like Shaw is just chatting with DeRozan, but you can see, at first, that DeMar appears to be looking back beyond Shaw. And that Shaw is guiding DeRozan away, you can also see DeMar slightly stop or slow down and Shaw sort of forces him to keep moving.
6) DeRozan leaves and Shaw is greeted by former Pacers forward Tyler Hansbrough.
Was what we saw something or nothing. Would be interesting to hear any post game stories ...