For years the Southwest division title race has been the most competitive one in the NBA. The Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, and San Antonio Spurs have made the battle for the best team in Texas a great one, but now that the New Orleans Hornets and surprising Memphis Grizzlies are starting to excel - the division is bigger than Texas.
For an inside look at how things are shaping up for the 2011-12 season, whenever that starts, let's get some previews going ...
- Mavericks - Mavs Moneyball, the defending champs.
- Grizzlies - Straight Outta Vancouver, the young guns.
- Spurs - Project Spurs, the senior citizens.
- Hornets - At the Hive, Chris Paul and Company.
- Rockets - The Dream Shake, Kevin McHale gets a shot to coach!
I have no idea who will come out on top, but it'd be hard to bet against the defending champs.
Who will win the Southwest Division?
Mavericks (60 votes)
Grizzlies (28 votes)
Spurs (22 votes)
Hornets (3 votes)
Rockets (7 votes)
120 total votes