The Dig is a Denver Nuggets podcast by Nick Hertzog and Jeremy Poley that tries to put its fingers on the pulse of the most dominant Denver Nuggets narrative over every 2-week period.
It’s actually a re-branded project that was meant to bring famous artists and rich peeps together that came to a head when Nick tried to throw a music festival in the Nuggets training facility only to find out that it didn’t have the infrastructure to keep a chipmunk from an oblique strain.
THIS WEEK’S THEME
The Nuggets are currently running full-steam ahead through the last quarter of the season and into the playoffs. Like a Fordian Western protagonist walking into a saloon, it’s time to size up who are the fakes and who are the real challengers in the way of the Nuggets’ success.
This week’s theme is: Know Your Enemies
Follow our twitter nonsense at @TheDigDenver
8:54: THE THEME (and a little Rage Against the Machine)
22:55: FILL IN THE BLANK
- The Nuggets number one enemy is _____________.
- If the Nuggets can pass the Warriors in the West, it will be because _______________.
- The Nuggets most favorable 1st-round matchup would be the _________________.
- The Nuggets least favorable 1st-round matchup would be the _________________.
- The Lakers not making the playoffs would be _____________.
38:05: A LITTLE BACK PATTING
AKA: Bye-bye Lakers! Anyone betting on them should’ve listened to the very first episode of our podcast.
40:30: A NUGGETS HAIKU
Ode to the Lakers
41:00: BUY OR SELL?
- There is a path for the Nuggets to win a championship THIS year.
- The Nuggets are a lock for the second seed.
- The Nuggets have the best home-court advantage in basketball.
- A “better player” than Jokic will win MVP. (Based on his quote after the game.)