This week’s Pickaxe Pundits show (airs every Saturday at 4pm on Nothin But Net Radio) turns the corner towards the Denver Nuggets 2018-2019 NBA season. The guys sat down to kick off a 5 week player preview series and started it with a bang. Naturally, we lead with our best foot first, breaking down the expectations of Nikola Jokic for the upcoming season and whether or not he can be the leader and star the Nuggets want and need him to be. Next, we dive into Paul Millsap and what his impact will be now that he is finally healthy. To wrap up the show we breakdown Gary Harris. We talk about what Gary can do to improve next season even though he improves so much every season, and also talk about what it will take for him to become the Nuggets lockdown perimeter defender.
- Do you think he will lead the team in scoring?
- Where does Nikola rank among NBA centers in the league today?
- What’s the biggest thing he needs to improve on this season?
- How big of an impact will a healthy Millsap make?
- Is he the de facto leader of the team?
- How much more improvement is realistic to expect?
- Does he have what it takes to be an all nba defender?