A couple early statistical finds regarding the NBA's best kept secret. Enjoy the quick read and Coach Karl in case your myriad of assistant coaches haven't found this information for you yet it might be something you want to know.
As is just about everyone else on this site, I am extremely pleased with KK's production. Thought I would do some digging to see if there was statistical support for keeping him on the floor.
1. Over the last three games when Karl has decided to play the young bigs (Mozgov and Koufos) they have averaged a combined 35 mpg.
2. The Nuggets have out rebounded their opponents by an average of 8+ rpg during those games. Their lowest margin of rebounding victory during that time was NOH by only 1 however it was the first time this year NOH had been out rebounded.
3. Denver is leading the league in steals per game. Right now they are thieving at a rate of 12+ pg with a 3.5 diff. The next best come in at a even 10.
4. The Lakers lead the league in margin of rebounds against a opponent at +7. The surprising team that comes in second to last at -8 is Lob City.
5. Denver's rebounding victories have come against some weaker competition but I personally think they can challenge the Lakers for rebounding supremacy if they continue to give solid minutes to the young duo. Denver's increased pace will help.
Let me know what you think and tonight will be a good mental test for our young team. Afflalo will need solid time tonight to combat SA's mental toughness. Go Nugets!