Just Noticed it had been awhile, so I though I would offer my opinion on those not making the cut around the sporting world ...
1. Lakers Management: Jerry Buss, Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak go out and hire an arguably decent head coach, but forget to tell their star player they have no plans to hire the guy he wanted. While personnel decisions should never be made to appease one player you might want to try and put your new coach in a better position to succeed in what was already a daunting situation.
2. Russell Westbrook- Westbrook decides to be the one this year who is a star caliber player and at the same time doesn't even have enough class to shake the hands of the team that soundly whipped his butt. Maybe next he'll take his talents to South Beach.
3. Jim Tressel- Note to any professional out there, if covering for guys so they can get inked up will cost you your multi-million dollar dream job...don't do it.
4. JR Smith- While this time he was only driving a scooter without a license, once again JR Smith finds himself getting into trouble in the offseason. Bad luck or bad habits?
5. Bruce Levenson & the rest of the Atlanta Thrashers owners- Not bothering to try and foster a hockey culture at all, former ownership saw their attendance records fall to the worst in the league and has been secretly trying to sell the Thrashers for a while now. Some may argue a Canadian city regaining a hockey team is a good thing, but for the five hockey fans in Atlanta, this is a sad and dark day.