Coming into the playoffs, the Denver Nuggets looked like they were going to sweep the Utah Jazz, manage to beat the Lakers in seven games, and find a way out of the wild West, and challenge the winner of the East for the NBA Championship. But in reality, we've seen our beloved team get owned by a bunch of Jazz. A team who's missing two of their starters. A team that the Nuggets have defeated in three of the four hard fought battles.
There's been a lot of talk throughout the Nugget faithful. Some were wondering why they're not playing at the same level. Others are just bashing certain players to a degree.
Reading the posts that people are saying are both true and false. Some are just stupid and shouldn't be acknowledged at all. I'm sure I have said all of the above.
When this season is over, we're going to look back and see what happened. Where did the Denver Nuggets go? Why did this happen this way? Weren't we the best team?
Truth is, we are the best team. We can beat the Utah Jazz, but we need everybody to be on the same page. We need everybody to be 100% healthy. We need our Coach back. We need the Front Office to actually make a good move and trade for somebody who can help with the Starters or our Bench.
My expectations for the next season are simple:
- We need a team with the heart and desire to win
- Nene should not be a Center
- J.R. needs to grow up
- Kenyon Martin and Chris Andersen need to be 100%
- Chris Andersen needs to have a bounce-back year so all of the haters can shut up
- Carmelo Anthony needs to be the leader on the team.
- Chauncey has to have his minutes cut big time.
- They have to address the word "Defense" to the entire team.
- Ty Lawson has to play more.
- They need to develop Petro into the Center that we need.
- Trade for somebody so what happened this year won't happen again
- Adrian Dantley needs to take note on what went wrong here and learn from every mistake he made.
Our team has Championship Material written all over their faces. I can feel it, but the window is closing. This year may have been disappointing to many, but I can see some positives out of it.
Don't give up and hate on our players. They're going to be fine.