I have decided to creating my own personal segment on Denver Stiffs (even though this will most likely be the only time I ever do it). I just had a few things I felt needed to be said about the Spurs game.
1. I am extremely impressed and proud of the fact that Arron,Ty & even Nene shined and didn't back down from the chance to play the NBA-best Spurs (21-4!!!!!) on national TV. They all had good games especially AAA who made big shots, got some great rebounds (in the first half) and passed really well.
2. Tonight it was easy for me to see that Melo still loves playing for this team and loves being an underdog-type superstar. Even if he isn't sure about it right now, he loves playing in Denver and he loves being a Nugget (Every time we play the Lakers that feeling is definitely in full effect).
3. This game was easily one of the most positive games of the Nuggets season so far even though it was a "loss".
4. Expect this game to set the Nuggets on fire, the confidence they should get from it and the will to win (and win with a statement) should rise from here on in, and just wait til the Nuggets play in SA next week.
5. Someone to expect to heat up from this game forward (and especially against the Spurs next week) is Gary Forbes, he felt personally responsible for the loss (@GForbz3: Tough loss tonight. Feel like I let my team down tonight wit some critical plays... Never will that happen again...). Knowing his confident nature and explosive scoring ability, watch out for him in the next week.
By The Way, anyone who hasn't seen Combat Chuk's video FanShot of Melo react to the news about the Nets, go watch it now. I think it's time to tell him that it's either Knicks with no money or Nuggets with millions (especially due to the fact that he has said how important signing the extension is).