* Brandon Roy! Wow. BTW, I'll agree with Jeremy that Portland's defense isn't that great, but I honestly think that's going to change over the season. They're still feeling out Oden. If you look at their team, there's not one "bad" defender in the starting lineup. Oden is a good defender. Blake, Roy and Aldridge are average. Batum is going to be a stud defender eventually IMO and right now is above average. The only "bad" defenders in their rotation right now are Sergio Rodriguez (who just looks painful on defense -- bend your knees, not your waist!) and Rudy Fernandez. And I wouldnt' even put them in the horrible category (see: Kleiza, Linas) because they're trying out there at least.
* Orlando. Many laughed at me when I said they were a dark horse and should challenge for the Eastern Conference title, but if Jameer Nelson keeps playing like that, they're going to make some teams very miserable in the playoffs.
Then again, I also predicted that the Nets and Indiana Pacers would be two of the worst teams in the NBA, so I shouldn't get too smug.
* It appears I was wrong about Jason Richardson with the Suns too. He looked good last night. Curious to see if it lasts or if Amare starts throwing a fit.
* Carlos Boozer is opting out of his contract this off-season. Shocking. Great news though.
* Another reason why CP3 is an MVP candidate and one of my favorite players to watch.